Friday, May 6, 2011

Emotional abuse vs physical abuse

Today was somewhat of a rainy day and it is days like today that tend to bring back memories I wish I could just block out. There were so many times that I was locked out of the house in my underwear in the rain. It makes me angry because growing up I always really enjoyed lazy rainy days, because it was such great sleeping weather, but my ex husband naturally had to ruin that for me.
So when I started thinking about that I wanted to find out what other victims thought about emotional abuse vs physical abuse. For me I would of rather takin a beating any day over the emotional abuse. I feel that the emotional abuse just sticks with you. Just when you are finally focused on a happy thought, a smell, tv show, or song triggers this memory of a horrible time in your relationship when you were being verbally bashed. I rarely think about the physical abuse. It was the walking on eggshells feeling that will sometimes just sneak up on me, and I suddenly become sick to my stomach. How about you? Physical or emotional abuse? Which do you think affected you more?

2 comments:

  1. Please read my blog which I finally had the courage to start.

    http://relentlessdomesticabusebyadoctor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to abuse, emotional ones are rather hard bent on treating than physical ones. I do agree with those things like "emotional abuse sticks with you". They really do and they leave on some invisible mark that you can't just see. Unlike physical abuse, they can beat you all they want but the scar that you will be left of will soon heal and may literally be gone with all those technology today. WIth an emotional abuse, you can never do that because they will always be a part of you.

    ReplyDelete